10 Myths About Chronic Pain
1. If you cannot find the exact cause of your pain, then it must be in your head.
2. You should expect that one day your pain will be cured completely.
3. Chronic pain treatments should be effective within a brief time frame.
4. If you look healthy, you cannot be in pain.
5. If you have failed to control your pain in the past, you will fail now.
6. Chronic pain is the only reason for all the problems you have.
7. Pain reduced through stress management techniques is imaginary pain.
8. Your pain will improve if you remain inactive and avoid all physical activity.
9. To consider yourself worthwhile, you must be able to function in the same way you did before your pain.
10. You must have complete control over everything in your life.